We brought this important update to our ebook compiler for Windows, HTML Executable 4.9, in order to let you make ebooks compatible with Windows 10 May 2020 release (2004 release). Some internal components were also upgraded.
This is a maintenance release, no new feature is added since we will publish HTML Executable 2020 that will include Chromium support, new UI editor and much much more soon…
- Fixed crash on Windows 10 update 2004 (May 2020). Rebuild your ebook/publication EXE files or install the updated runtime module to make your older ebook EXE files work again.
- Updated PDF viewer engine, script engine and several internal components.
- Links in PDF documents can now open external files or folders. The link reference for files must begin with open: such as open:readme.txt (given that the readme.txt is in the current directory). For folder, the link must begin with folder:
- Some filenames could lead to incorrect Pascal syntax when generating Map IDs.
- Added a warning if you try to load projects that were made with a more recent version of HTML Executable (for projects made with the next major release of HTML Executable).
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
HTML Executable is a software that allows anyone to turn websites, HTML and PDF documents into Windows software applications (EXE files) featuring a custom browser.
Everything comprising the compiled website – ebook can then be customized according to your needs.
Thanks to HTML Executable, create attractive ebooks, full-featured HTML applications and software, reliable Rich Internet applications, presentations, digital publications, custom web browsers, CD autoruns, demonstrations, offline documentation and compact archives for easier, efficient and secure distribution of your contents.
A fully-functional free trial of our ebook compiler is available for download.